Okay so 2nd year of Uni is done, fin. *lil pat on the back*
And To God Be The Glory for all that and more!
What I’ve Learnt:
- A LOT more about life, a lot more compared to my actual course content?
- The masses of people you meet in first year will NOT EXIST by this time
- A few people you meet in first year are riding it out till the finish line (yipee!)
- Your flatmates’ friends will ultimately move into the flat whether you like it or not
- Give and it shall be given.. i.e. feed others and you shall be fed!
- Your degree is for Y-O-U and you only (revision period thou shalt suffer solo)
What I’ve Achieved:
- I started Lost For Words
- I made a solid collection of Suit Jackets in my room which visitors describe as my “shop”
- I’m much tidier than last year 🙂
- My fear factor is decreasing by the day
What I regret:
- “The mistakes I’ve made are dead to me. But I can’t take back the things I never did.”
― Jonathan Safran Foer
What I’ve enjoyed:
- Every single minute of it; the dying, the resurrection, the ascension.
- Meeting SO MANY different people. This for me was mind-blowing all the different backgrounds and baggage people have, which of course is only unpacked through conversation and plenty off it too!!! Tip: never ever judge a book by it’s cover.
What God Taught Me:
- “So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.“
This year has gone by too too quickly, scary but exciting! Soon enough my degree will be a thing of the past, and as I transition and look to better days ahead I am grateful for all the days God has kept me. I am grateful for all the people he has blessed me with, connecting me with the right people, moving this from and for me. I am grateful for the lessons learnt, love lost. I’ve fallen in love with the strangest things, and lost patience with simple people. I study myself a lot, I read a lot more, and I reflect reflect and reflect myself. I’ve finally forgiven myself and I want to make a daily habit of this. I’m training myself not to impose my beliefs on anyone, but subtly encourage them to think about a different way of thinking. I want to make a success story out of [almost] everyone, but I can’t and it’s okay, so i’ll pray for them instead…